People are hesitant when it comes to taking the leap from employee to entrepreneur but to ease that transaction here are 10 reasons to start a business this year. These reasons are in no particular order but they are all valid reasons.
- Never again will you have to worry about being laid off, unemployed or fired for the rest of your life. This struck a cord with me because after graduating from a prestigious college, young and ready to prove myself, it all amounted to nothing. If the economy ever takes a turn for the worse (just like it has done these past two years) there is no such thing as job security, unless you are a prison guard.
- Never again will you have to ask your boss about a raise. With the cost of living increasing quicker than the rate of pay, people are in need of more money, but they are too afraid to ask their boss for a raise. With your own business you control how much you are paid and when business picks up, your salary increases with it. The only limitations to the income you create is what your business generates.
- You can write off a lot of business expenses on your taxes. Discussing tax write offs is not the most interesting subject, but these are ways to save money that can be used towards increasing your business output and therefore, your business revenue. Consult with a business CPA (Certified Public Accountant) before you declare an expense for your business.
- You can work from anywhere in the world, especially if you have an online business. I’ve met successful business people who decided they no longer wanted to live where their business is. With a cell phone, fax machine and laptop, they ran their business in Dayton, Ohio while they beached in Jamaica.
- Right now is the cheapest time to start a business. Banks are being more loose and lenient with business loans. You still have to fill out the proper paperwork that you had to before but banks want to finance small businesses. Small businesses employ more than 60 million people in the United States and help keep small communities alive and growing.
- There are many business professionals out there without employment due to the recession. These people have extensive experience in the field of their professional and they are willing to accept any kind of employment. If decide to open a store business and you are in need of a personal accountantbasics, skilled technician or personal assistant, these people are available to work for you and prove their worth.
- The money is still out there. This was evident during the Christmas season when it was reported 3.5% more money was spent this year than last year. People have returned to their spending habits and if you provide a great product or service of value then people will purchase it.
- There are business owners who are willing to work with you and even finance your business. For some business owners, the work has become too much for them to be both management and employee. You can speak with the owner and construct a deal where you take over as management, pay them a low monthly business mortgage or franchise fee and they can continue to work there as a valued employee. That’s a win-win-win!
- The winter months: December, January, February, are the best months to begin a business because that is when people spend more time indoors than any other time of the year, which includes more time in front of the computer. Whether they are simply looking for ways to make extra income, start their own business or live a different lifestyle than the one they have now. Strike while the weather is cold!
- Your imagination, your creativity, is your only limitation. I remember reading a story about a high school student who couldn’t afford a college tuition. Instead of getting a job, she decided to make, market and sell beds for hamster. This may sounds like a very unsound business venture but over the course of high school she sold enough hamster beds to pay for all four years of college. That’s what I call having a business mindset!
Those are the 10 reasons to start a business and if one or more of these reasons have interested you in starting your own business, allow me to help you achieve your business needs. Simply click my business website link below and I will work with you personally to show you how to achieve the business success you want.